Is your photography fun
Photography needs to be fun in order for it to be creative. Often times we overlook the joy of photography once we take it on as a profession and we begin to put dollars in front of creativity. This is a very hard one to avoid. There is a real world out there with real demands and I get, that we must make money in order to survive. So there are ways to go about it without losing yourself and your style in the process. Take the jobs that pay, finish them and remember why you shoot in the first place. Here are some ways to do this:
- Go out and photography non commissioned work( Think Street Photography, wildlife, Peculiar objects, etc.)
- Start your own personal photography project to keep it fun
- Work with fresh faces as often as you can.
- Keep a group of specific models that you love working with and don’t let them out of your contact list.
- Find make up artist and stylist who wish to collaborate with you to bring ideas to life. (This is great for portrait and fashion photography)
- Have fun with it.
Think about these things for a while and make you art come to life.